Montauk Surfcasters Assocation
The Montauk Surfcasters Association is a non-profit organization, founded in 1980 that:
• Preserves and protects the privilege to fish on Long Island and the East Coast
• Represents our membership to the NYS ORPHP Fishing Advisory Board, an ad hoc committee which advises the Long Island Region of NYS Parks on matters affecting surf fishermen such as permit regulations, beach access, fees, habitat & use of State Parks on Long Island.
• Maintains active working relationships with State, Suffolk County and Local Park superintendents to help ensure and protect fishing access.
• Represents fishermen on matters affecting the use of Suffolk County & Local Parks.
• Advocates for fishermen to elected officials regarding regulations affecting the fishery, habitat protection and other environmental matters.
• Monitors State and local candidates for office and informs membership on issues affecting fishermen and fishing access.
• Collaborates with other fishing organizations throughout coastal areas to help preserve surf fishing access on the national level.
Annual activities of the M.S.A include:
• Spring and fall clean-up of the beaches surrounding Montauk Point; participation in National Beach Clean-up Day, Clean up at Orient Point, and several other locations throughout long island
• Annual picnic in Montauk.
• Participation in St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• Participation in fishing seminars.
• Annual Fishing Tackle Show & Seminar