Montauk Surfcasters Assocation
The Montauk Surfcasters Association is a non-profit organization that:
• Preserves and protects the privilege to fish on Long Island.
• Represents MSA on the Fishing Advisory Board, an ad hoc committee which advises New York State on matters affecting surf fishermen such as permit regulations, beach access, fees, habitat & use of State Parks.
• Represents fishermen on matters affecting the use of Suffolk County Parks
• Lobbies elected officials on regulations affecting the fishery, habitat protection and other environmental matters.
• Monitors State and local candidates for office and informs membership on issues affecting fishermen and fishing access.
Annual activities of the M.S.A include:
• Spring and fall clean-up of the beaches surrounding Montauk Point; participation in National Beach Clean-up Day; spring clean-up at Cedar Beach.
• Annual poster contest in Montauk as part of Oktoberfest.
• Annual picnic in Montauk.
• Participation in St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• Participation in fishing seminars.